So, you’ve found your first client, congratulations! After all that hard work and grind, someone…
Yes we know, organizing your footage can be tedious. But if you’ve ever seen our tutorials you’ll know that we NEVER skip this step.
Below are instructions to install project templates for some of the major NLE’s. And if you want more information on why our team thinks organization is so important, be sure to check out this post!
How to Install Project Templates – Adobe Premiere Pro
This one is super easy.
- Take the project template file, copy it and rename the file for whatever you plan to use for your new project.
- Place the file in whatever location on your network or hard drive you plan to work out of.
- Open up Premiere and get started!
How to Install Project Templates – DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve stores your project in it’s internal database, so you can’t navigate to any individual project file like you would with the other programs listed in this post. Here’s how to get a .drp template installed:
- From the top menu click on File, then choose Import Project from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to where you’ve stored the .drp file and double-click to open the fresh project template in Resolve
How to Install Project Templates – Avid Media Composer
Avid project templates are just projects with a series of labeled and organized folders and bins that don’t contain anything. To copy a folder and bin structure from one project to another, or use a blank template project, follow these steps:
- Open Avid, create a new project and save it.
- Go to your Explorer or Finder, outside of Avid and navigate to where you’ve got the folders and bins you want to copy into the new project.
- Select only the folders and bins you need for organization, not all the various settings files, etc.
- Copy them into the project folder on your hard drive, where your new project is located. This is wherever you store your Avid Projects.
- Go back into Avid. They should be there now, ready for you to fill! If you don’t see them, right-click anywhere in the blank background of your Project window and click Refresh.
How to Install Project Templates – Final Cut Pro
This is another easy one.
- Take the library file, copy it and rename the file for whatever you plan to use for your new project.
- Place the file in whatever location you plan to work out of.
- Double click to open and start editing!
Leave Your Thoughts & Comments Below: